There are countless things what to see and do in Budapest, the jewel of the Danube and one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. We have made a list of 50, making a selection of the ones we liked the most in our visit to Budapest in 4 days. And as an extra we can tell you that it is one of the cities that we have marked in the calendar to return soon.
1. Have a sweet and coffee at the New York Café at the Boscolo Budapest hotel, one of the most beautiful coffee shops we've seen in the world.
2. Stroll and relax on Margarita Island located on the Danube, between Buda and Pest.
3. Take a thermal bath in the outdoor pool of the Széchenyi Spa or book this ticket that includes a relaxing massage. In winter there is a great contrast between the cold outside and the hot pool. It deserves a try!
4. Enter the Great Synagogue of Budapest, the second largest in the world.
5. Stroll at night through Budapest, one of the best illuminated cities in the world.
11. Try to open a secret box, the most original souvenir in Budapest.
More things to see and do in Budapest.
12. Take a boat tour on the Danube at sunset to enjoy the best views of Buda and Pest both day and night.
13. Stroll along Váci Utca street, full of shops and cafés, with a good night atmosphere.
14. Take a pálinka in a "ruin-bar”Like the Szimpla Kert or the A38 Hajö, a former Ukrainian freighter. The ruin bars are located in dilapidated premises with a little decoration shabby, but with a lot of atmosphere and charm.
15. Buy a ticket for a show or book a guided tour in Spanish to enter the Budapest Opera. Just to see the interior is worth it. Without a doubt, one of the best things to do in Budapest.
16. Cross the Chain Bridge, the oldest in Budapest and one of the most beautiful in the world.
Shoes on the Danube
45. Go out for a drink and listen to good music at the Budapest Jazz Club.
46. Visit the Rudas Spa, one of the most beautiful Turkish baths in the world.
47. Take a picture of the Little Princess Statue sculpture, near the Danube.
48. If you have a day off you can take the excursion to Esztergom, Visegrád and Szentendre, three of the most beautiful cities on the Danube.
49. Find a bargain for the second-hand market Ecseri Flea Market.
50. Sit on one of the banks on the bank of the Danube and have a picnic with incredible views of the bridge and Buddha.
* Book your transfer Airport ⇆ Budapest Center here
If you feel like helping us complete the list of 50 things to see and do in Budapest, add yours in the comments.